Thursday, November 29, 2012

Horrible news about Wayne Houchin

WAYNE HOUCHIN SEVERELY BURNED IN THE DOMINICAN REPUBLIC.

A statement from Wayne:

Monday while appearing on a TV show in the Dominican Republic, the TV host took a handful of Aqua De Florida, ignited it and intentionally dropped it on my head, setting me on fire.

I was not aware he was going to do this. This was not a stunt or part of an act - this was a criminal attack.

The fast actions of the rest of our Curiosidades team saved my life. The fire was put out and I was rushed to the emergency room. I have bad burns on my head, face, neck and right hand.

I am in pain, but am recovering. I will update you on the situation when I can.

3 comments:

The Saint said...

Good News from Wayne:

Update: I will be extending my stay here in the Dominican Republic in order to undergo continuous treatment for my burns. The doctors are cautiously optimistic that I will fully recover with no scars.

The Dominican Republic is a beautiful country full of beautiful people. The outrage here and outpouring of support has been incredible.

The support, love and well wishes that has been sent my way through social media, blogs, forums, friends and fans has been both humbling and overwhelming.

Thank you.

The Saint said...

More info from Paul Harris:

To all my Friends, Associates and Loyal Customers,

As some of you may know, on November 26th, my friend and fellow magician Wayne Houchin became the victim of a malicious criminal attack ...being set on fire on a talk show in the Dominican Republic after being asked to be a guest on the show to perform magic, causing serious burns to his face, head, neck and right hand.

Apparently two hosts of a TV magazine style show accused him of practicing Voodoo or the Dark Arts. It is hard to believe that people in civilized society cannot decipher between what is entertainment and what they perceive as an assault on their religious sensibilities.

To help out Wayne and his family in this difficult time and to ease their financial burden, I am starting today the Magical Arts Fund for Wayne Houchin and ask that you contribute what you can.

We will also send to Wayne a card with all of the names of who contributed and any messages you have for him.

Janet Harris (Paul Harris Presents' own Astonishment Goddess) will be spearheading this effort. You can Paypal your contribution to paul@paulharrispresents.com . Add a personal note to Wayne during the "Review" phase of your paypal payment. Look for the "Add special instructions to the seller" plus sign.

The Saint said...

Statement from Dan Garcia posted on FaceBook:

Daniel Garcia

Our mission has still not changed. We WILL still spread joy and wonder here in the DR. Off to do another show with the Curiosidades Crew.